With eight in 10 consumers actively trying to reduce their plastic waste and over half willing to pay more for eco-friendly packaging, sustainable solutions are key to creating a cleaner, greener and more environmentally future. With sustainable practices now expected as standard, we are committed to helping businesses make the transition to eco-friendly packaging in an effort to not only reduce waste, but to also preserve the future of our planet.
With sustainable packaging proven to help boost customer loyalty and the business bottom line, our team of eco-experts offer their top tips on how to make the move as smooth as possible:
- Audit your business: Work with packaging experts to understand the challenges and opportunities your business is facing. From analysing your existing packaging solutions and processes, to highlighting potential cost-savings and the most suitable eco-solution for your business, a packaging audit will highlight a number of ways you can improve business operations strategically.
- Understand the eco-options: There is a plethora of eco-packaging solutions available, from recycled and recyclable materials, to those which are compostable or biodegradable, and it’s vital you gain a full understanding of all the options. However not all materials are created equal, and to avoid becoming a victim of ‘green-washing’ look at the full life cycle of your chosen eco-packaging, while ensuring your chosen materials come from responsibly managed sources.
- Product compatibility: Making the move to eco-packaging doesn’t mean you have to change your business processes, with eco-packaging designed and/or suited to the requirements and specification of your product(s). For example, food contact materials have to meet strict regulations, while eCommerce brands use packaging to improve the customer experience.Be sure to choose the right packaging which works around your product and consumer.
- Communicate with your customers: Make sure your customers know about your eco-packaging! Whether it’s including a ‘recycle me’ symbol, or outlining how your packaging can be re-used or ‘upcycled’, celebrate your green goals and encourage others to make more informed green choices.
- Choose eco partners: Your commitment to sustainable business practices should extend to every level of your supply chain. Choose partners and suppliers that share your eco vision, which in turn will help to raise awareness and demand for environmentally friendly initiatives, reduce harmful waste and sustain the future of our planet.
Looking to make the transition to eco-packaging but unsure where to start? Get in touch with our team today to organise a FREE packaging audit.